Happy Birthday AR Rahman: Very well known and famous music legend, Allah Rakha Rahman will celebrate his 55e birthday on 6e January 2022.
Famous and highly regarded for his unforgettable musical composition, Rahman began his career with the Tamil film Roja. Since then he has never backed down and has made his immense contribution to the music industry besides creating some of the best soundtracks.
Not only that, but he’s also an Oscar-winning and Grammy-winning songwriter and singer.
At first he composed music for various documentaries and jingles for Indian commercials and TV channels. Later, in 1992, Rahman made his debut in the music industry as a songwriter with Mani Ratnam’s âRojaâ and rose to fame instantly.
He is also proficient in different musical styles like Carnatic, Western, Classical Hindustani and Qawwali style and therefore is famous for his songs which combine and include different genres and instruments in an improvised way.
As legendary songwriter and singer AR Rahman turns 54, take a look at some of the lesser-known facts about the academy-winning musical genius.
- AR Rahman or Allahrakha Rahman is not his real name. AR Rahman’s birth name was AS Dileep Kumar.
- In November 2013, a street in Markham, Ontario, Canada was named after him.
- In addition to winning two Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire, AR Rahman was once again Oscar nominated for his 2011 film 127 Hours..
- AR Rahman had revealed that the composition of Rangeela’s song Hai Rama was inspired by the background music of a romantic sequence from the 1960 Mughal-e-Azam classic.
- AR Rahman composed a special song for the India release of the highest-grossing film of all time, Avengers: Endgame. The film was released in the presence of Avengers: Endgame co-director Joe Russo, who was in India to promote the film.
Happy Birthday AR Rahman: BThe songs of the legendary singer:
- Tu Hi Re (Bombay)
2. Ye Jo Desh Hai Tera (Sweden)
3. Tere Bina (guru)
4. Dil Se Re (Dil Se)
5. Kun Faya Kun (Rockstar)
Rahman has also received four National Awards, two Oscars, two Grammy Awards, BAFTA Awards, a Golden Globe and 15 Filmfare Awards.
He has given melodious tracks to Bollywood movies like “Bombay”, “Dil Se”, “Taal”, “Saathiya”, “Guru”, “Jodhaa Akbar”, “Slumdog Millionaire” and many more.
We wish him good luck, love and a very happy birthday AR Rahman!